Sunday, December 31, 2017

French Dip at Gere-a-Deli, Anacortes, WA











Setting the Stage

I was out Christmas shopping with my dad for my mom.  It was a fun trip.  We went to Burlington to Best Buy and picked up a bunch of fun electronics like a Google Home and a new HDTV.  We were on our way back and it was lunchtime.  Gere-a-Deli it was: an Anacortes favorite for sure and I hadn't eating their French dip since becoming a professional viewer five years prior.

Gere-a-Deli is great and has a wonderful feel.  Like I said, it's an institution in Anacortes and deserves the acclaim.  

The French dip, however, (I got the 6" variety) is a nice sandwich but just not all that delicious.  Thanks to Gere-a-Deli for a very high quality experience but please do a little research into adding a horseradish option, a cheese option a more flavorful jus.

Tasting Notes

Green skewers
Light colored jus
Nice looking beef
Not necessarily buttered
3 across the board
Light jus

Summary

Bread 3.5 of 5 Nice but nothing too fancy or interesting, not buttered, I don't think.
Meat 3 of 5 Nice amount but not overly flavorful.
Non-Meat Toppings Nothing else with this.
Jus 3 of 5 Fine taste and hot but pretty light as well and didn't really seem to special.
Overall 3 of 5 Gere-a-Deli does a great job but this sandwich lacks luster, flavor and features.

No comments:

Post a Comment