Sunday, July 16, 2017

Homemade Steak French Dip Sandwich with Mushrooms at Ashbach West Beach on Guemes Island, WA Awarded 3 of 5 DeliciScore™ (It'll Do) - 4th of July, 2017 - Thanks for the treat, Matt

Setting the Stage

It was the Fourth of July and we were home visiting my parents and family.  There was a parade and a ton of people around.  The Ashbachs recently renovated their new West Beach beach house and were christening its presence in their family.  My family has lived on West Beach for decades and the Ashbachs and their friends are a welcome addition to the neighborhood.

After the parade, I was over at their place briefly and was offered a French dip (with steak and mushrooms) from Matt.  I had just eaten a grilled hot dog with onions and a bag of chips from the park so wasn't hungry but I had to oblige, and Matt wanted feedback on his creation.

Helicopter carrying an American flag flying over the parade route.

Jessica and my mom waving to the chopper.

Ashbachs in the parade.

They threw things at me!

Here's the partially eaten French dip.  We can see delicious and chunky mushrooms (were they dry-sauteed?!!!) and I was using a coffee cup for my jus container.  You can also see I was surrounded by Coors Light cans.  

Mostly we see a mushroom and a little beef in this picture.  The beef was chewy so it kind of pulled out.  The bread got a little too soft when dipped into the jus.  The mushrooms were definitely the highlight.  And I don't recall if the bread was toasted and buttered.



Other activity (the view as I dined).



Scoring

Bread 2 of 5
Meat 4 of 5 but chewiness and that it pulled out of the sandwich gives it downgraded points
Jus 3 of 5 don't remember it being great.  lol.  Sorry, Matt!
Non-Meat Toppings 4 of 5 great mushrooms
Overall 3 of 5

Thanks, Matt and others for a tasty lunch treat.  Sorry I had already eaten and wasn't exactly in the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment