Sunday, April 15, 2012

4 of 5 DeliciScore™ (Great) Awarded to Ramblin Jacks for their French Dip Sandwich in Olympia, WA on this 15th day of April, 2012 - I miss you, Harbor Wholesale Foods!

Really rainy day in Olympia with my coworker and friend, Liz.  


Here it is: "THE FRENCH DIP.  Alder smoked beef and jack cheese served on a french roll with hales cream stout au jus."

I ordered it with a side of grilled vegetables and good horseradish that I didn't use.  The veggies were pretty good
the overall size of the dip was pretty generous.  It was served with a nice Kosher pickle.  The jus was plentiful.
Note the fancy toothpicks.

Here's a view of the bread and beef.  The beef is well done, probably not very juicy.
The bread is about right for a French dip although may have been overly absorbent.

Here's another view of the beef.  From here it looks a bit dry.

A close-up of the jus (note the oil separated) and grilled vegetables: zucchinis, carrots, onions, peppers.

The good pickle.
Here it is half-eaten.  You can see that I used up a LOT of the jus.  So it was not enough.  But jus is pretty easy
to come by and I've never met a wait person (to this point) that is stingy or slow with supplemental jus.

Overall this is a pretty good dip.  I give it a 4 on the scale of 0 to 5.  The waitress here was really great and she even tried to sell us on dessert (at lunch) really early on.  I took the second half to go.  I didn't really notice the jack cheese.  The bread was a 3 of 5.  The jus, probably a 4+ of 5, and the meat was about a 4 of 5 although a bit dry.  The pickle was good and it was nice to get grilled veggies on the side and real horseradish.


No comments:

Post a Comment