Monday, November 1, 2021

The Corner Pub French Dip Review, Bow, WA

 

Well organized.  Lots of outdoor seating and roomy inside as well.  Doesn't have pool tables like Longhorn Saloon but that's okay.

Clean place.

Good beer selection. I like their staff as well.  Love the vibe here.

And this is the salad when you "unfold" it.

Money shot looking great with cheese and onion goodness.

Good bread.  Salad seemed fancy.  Beef was great.

Doesn't that look good? :)

Again, real pretty salad.

Jus looks good.  Maybe a little low on volume but good.

Brisket looks great.  Bread looks great.

Looks lovely.  What a pretty salad.  Brisket!  Nice to have fancy greens and grape tomatoes.

Was going to a movie this night.  I liked Free Guy.

The Corner Pub.  Out in the middle of nowhere.  Great treat.  Love it here.

So nice.  Low tide. Lots of birds and herons.

Another "inverse" review.  This is my new view.  Really nice!

I kind of goofed and didn't have great notes when I had this FD the first time.  So I went back:


Love this place. Such a good local spot. Friendly service. Clean. Great food. Well lit. Looks good from the outside. Good ambience and good music from the 80s for the most part. Fun location out in the middle of nowhere in Skagit Valley.

Place was super empty tonight. I actually thought it was closed but I was there about 45 minutes before close. I was literally the only one in the place on a Thursday night. The bartender was friendly and we got to chatting eventually. We were the same age and got to chat about New Jersey, Jewish people, kids, parenting, relationships and a few other topics.

I had a long and weird day at work and waited too long to eat dinner. I had an Old Mother Hubbard type of experience with my refrigerator this evening and realized I better go out and grab something decent to eat. I was going to go to the Longhorn but on my way there it dawned on me that the Corner Pub is way better. And more fun, too. So I made a right turn and found myself at the right spot. I was a bit spooked when I rolled up because it looked so empty but was delighted to see it actually open.

Address
14565 Allen West Rd, Bow, WA 98232


Food
French dip
2 dill pickle slices
5
This was really great. It's a delicious sandwich. The chef serves it with mayonnaise on board which I actually did enjoy. The man is did not overpower or ruin it. A bread was buttered and delicious and absorbent. The shoe was rich and delicious. The brisket is delicious and nice textured.
Bread
5
Absorbent. Buttered.
Meat
5
Their brisket is really good. They make a lot of it and they put plenty on the sandwich. It's delicious and beefy and has that risk and texture one might enjoy.
Non meat toppings
3
The brisket bread and as you are definitely be the star of the show. Mayonnaise and caramelized onions are added here but to me they did not stand out or mean much to me.
Jus
5
Rich. Hot. Dark. Enough.
Side salad
3 cucumber slices
5
They have a delicious side salad. They're greens are impeccable. So much volume to their greens. They're blue cheese dressing is nice but perhaps not notable. But the greens themselves with other vegetables like cucumber slices and carrots are delicious and full of pillowy volume.
Beverages
1 mason jar style glass
5
I just drink ice water tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment