Monday, August 16, 2021

La Conner Prime Rib & Seafood French Dip Review

It was a slow Sunday and my mom and I went to "town" to spend time.  Brian an his kids were on their way back to the big city so we were able to meet up in La Conner for lunch.

Kate, Brian and Dan enjoying coloring and beverages on the deck.

I was sitting by my mom who insisted I get the French dip.  The pressure is intense on me.  The description doesn't really "sell" it to me but I was hopeful it would be good.  I was NOT, I repeat WAS NOT, allowed to select the "doneness" of my prime rib.  This lose immediate points.  My mom claimed to really like/love this sandwich but she could have just been hungry.  For me, it was good, not great.

Served with good fries.  Nice pickle spear.  Bamboo skewers which might be the most respectable skewer choice.

There's the sandwich.  Looks buttered and also a bit dry.

Looks beefy and meat-filled.  Nice work.  Smallish bun size but I'll take it.

Perhaps arid meat.

Jus semi fancy and with herb infusion.

My mom has developed an obsession with what this shop across the street could be.  Janice has lots of big ideas for it but I think more than anything is missing her mother who was a retail store and gift shop person.

Setting the Stage

Mom and I were driving to La Conner when I got a call from Brian.  Brian thought we could meet up for lunch which ended out working quite well.  We met on the deck of La Conner Seafood & Prime Rib.  The service was okay.  Their deck is nice.  It was a lovely, sunny, summer day and we got to watch many boats pass as we dined and chatted.  Dan had a near tip-over on his chair but Brian saved the day with cat-dad-like reflexes.  Kate was fun and chatty and colored.

Review

  • French Dip
    • Bread. 3.  Kinda plain and meh.
    • Meat. 4.  Decent prime rib but cannot select the doneness which makes me realize it's meh.
    • Non-Meat Toppings. 3.  Wasn't much going on here. Probably buttered, toasted bread, which was nice.
    • Overall. 3.5.  It wasn't bad but also not great.
  • Service. 3.  Was okay.  Our gal was friendly.  I remember looking out at the 10 tables at one point and realizing that zero had food which was both spooky and unnerving.
  • Deck. 5.  Nice location.  Scenery and people watching.

Conclusions

Thanks to Brian for getting us together.  He had a "Bacon Jam" burger that he said was meh.  Mom claims that their cioppino is both good and variable there.  She prefers it without the salmon, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment